Contributions falling into the following categories will be considered for publication in the “The Donbas Constructor” Journal:
Types of contributions:
- Papers (original research papers, reviews of experience gained in design, fabrication, construction, maintenance, engineering diagnostics, etc. according to the list given below).
- Short communications (abridged scientific works for a rapid publication).
- Letters and reviews (comments on the previously published papers, discussions, etc). [li]Abstracts of theses in structural mechanics, metal construction structures, engineering diagnostics and non-destructive inspection.
- Abstract of dissertations in scientific areas “Construction”, “Architecture”, “Housing and utilities”.
- Announcements of the forthcoming events in the field of construction, architecture, housing and communal services.
- Anniversaries (important events in the history and the life of the outstanding scientists, designers and technologists).
- Advertisements of learned bodies, design organizations, higher schools, software engineering companies, etc. in the field of construction, architecture, housing and communal services.
Contributions of the first two types are accepted with the understanding that they comprise the original material which has never been published. Authors are fully responsible for the factual and truth accuracy of their papers. The Editorial Board acknowledges the receipt of the manuscripts.
Subjects of the main directions and sections:
- building structures, structures and constructions;
- heat supply, ventilation, air conditioning, gas supply, power supply;
- water supply, sewage, construction systems for the water resources protection;
- building materials and products; technology and organization of construction;
- structural mechanics; ecological safety of construction and urban economy;
- theory and history of architecture, restoration and reconstruction of historical and architectural heritage;
- architecture of buildings and structures, creative concepts of architectural activity;
- urban planning, planning of rural settlements; labour and health safety; fire and industrial safety; road, construction, carrying and lifting machines; economics and national economy management;
- projects and design organization work experience; statistics, documents, information; reviews;
Please, follow these instructions carefully to ensure that the review and publication of your paper is as swift and efficient as possible.
Contributions should contain the following:
- Article (printed and electronic versions).
- Author’s references.
- Expert evaluation.
- Electronic media with paper, abstract and author(s) data, personal photos of all the co-authors, as well as the drawings used in the article in the .jpeg format.
In the Journal publish only new papers which were not publish before. Papers must be presented in Ukrainian, Russian or English. A paper should cover one problem. Detailed computations to clarify or review the material if necessary should be presented as appendices and followed the references. The author should specify if he wishes the appendices to be published. Please, arrange your paper as follows, entitling each section:
- paper title (in 3 languages — Ukrainian, Russian and English),
- information about the author(s) (in 3 languages),
- abstract (in 3 languages approximately 100-150 words),
- abbreviated paper title, for use as a running headline,
- keywords (in 3 languages),
- main text,
- references (the presence of foreign publications),
(* — marked sections are not obligatory).
The text can be subdivided into logical sections (paragraphs). Headings of paragraphs should be of the same font as the main text and medium faced, which is not applicable to other cases. Leave two blank lines before and after the headings. Underlining is not recommended. The main body of the text, except for the headings and subheadings, should be of the one main font.
A paper should cover one specific problem. The purpose of the paper should be clearly specified, as well as the methods to achieve the stated purpose. The paper is arranged in a clear simple language and subdivided into logical sections using subheadings. Ensure that sentences are simple as possible, unambiguous and translatable into other languages. Avoid excessive use of scarce scientific terms. All measurements and data should be given in SI units, or if SI units do not exist, in an internationally accepted unit. Abbreviations and acronyms should be only used for common terms and names. Author’s abbreviations and acronyms must be clearly defined in full on first use.Authors should not use (or allow their word processor to introduce) any hyphenation or word splits and they should not use a ‘justified’ layout.
The article is printed in Microsoft Word 97-2003 in the A4 (210 x 297 mm) paper size, the margin parameters are: above – 2.5 cm for the first page and 2.5 cm for the following ones;on the left, on the right and below – 2.5 cm, each.
The printing type – Times New Roman, the typesize – 12 points, line spacing – 1.5 (including formulas, tables, plots, pictures, references, appendices). Pages of the text are numbered.
Title, authors, abstract, key words
The title of the paper is centred; font — Arial at 14 points, the first letter is capital. For authors’ surnames and initials use Times New Roman medium faced type at 12 points, placing them below the title and in the middle as well. Authors’ affiliations are given under each corresponding author’s name. If there are two or more affiliations for one author and the number of authors exceeds two, enumerate the authors with superscript figures, giving the list of corresponding affiliations below. The abstract should follow the format of the text and run below skipping 3 lines. Key words are presented in round brackets, using Times New Roman medium faced type at 12 points, following the abstract in triple spacing.
All formulae and their interpretations as well as Greek symbols should be only typewritten using Microsoft Word — Microsoft Equation formulae editor. Formulae should be presented in a compact way to avoid any damage of clarity. To examplify, it is reasonable to represent division using slash. Width size of the equations should be less than 74 mm (width of a column). The number of formulae in the main text of a paper should be as little as possible. Formulae are left edge-aligned. Numbers of formulae are given in the round brackets and are right edge-aligned. Special symbols should be identified on the margins. The style of formulae representation is as follows: variables — Italics, constants — Roman type, matrices and vectors — medium faced type.
Tables should be typewritten using word processor. Each column should have a heading and if required, dimensionality. Footnotes to tables should be typed below the table, and should be referred to by superscript letters. Avoid the use of vertical rules. Tables are inserted in the text on their first mentioning. Each table should be referred to not less than once in the text. Tables should be numbered consequently in Arabic numerals (“Table 1.”). Tables in Appendices are numbered in a special way: the first numeral indicating the number of Appendix (” Table 1.1.”). The title, if any, follows the table number and a dot. If a paper contains only one table, it is not numbered and there should be no number in the title (“Table.”). Headings of the table columns begin with a capital letter, subheadings — with a small letter, if they make one sentence with a heading. Subheadings having independent meaning start with a capital letter.
Illustrations (drawings, graphs, diagrams, photographs)
All illustrations should be presented in the CorelDraw or in Microsoft Word or Excel (without use of the extraneous software products). The size of illustrations should match the journal columns (74×157 mm). A paper may include no more than six illustrations in the main text. Illustrations are submitted separately and printed on the laser printer (not less than 600 dots per inch) with maximum contrast ratio. Illustrations are referred to as Figures and should follow the lettering (figure legend). Illustrations are numbered consequently in Arabic numerals. Illustrations in Appendices are numbered separately in Arabic numerals, the fist numeral indicating the number of the corresponding Appendix (“Figure A.1.1.”).
[left]Submission of reproduced illustrations should observe copyright laws. Photographs should be presented in the original. Photocopies of photographs are not acceptable. Electronic photographs should meet the following requirements: format of representation — TIFF, resolution — not less than 300 dots per inch (dpi), the size should be approximated to the size of the journal columns (see above).
In the text, indicate references to the literature by numerals presented in square brackets and complying with the list of references given in the “REFERENCES“ section. References should meet general requirements.
Appendices present detailed theoretical statements, experimental data and other materials, which on being introduced in the text would hamper its reading. Appendices may comprise some illustrations. Contributions may contain several appendices, which are numbered consequently (Appendix 1).
An article should be submitted to the editors printed on the A4 (210 x 297 mm) sheets in accordance with the notes given in the “Format”. The article printed should be signed by all the authors. The electronic and printed variants should be identical.
Contributions should comprise three copies of abstract in Ukrainian, Russian and English respectively, the text of the abstract being the same as in the paper.
Authors are required to submit an application statement addressed to the Editor-in-Chief, where they ask to consider contribution for publication in Metal Construction journal, as well as acknowledge the contribution being a new one, previously unpublished. The application statement is signed by each author.
Information about authors
Author’s data prepare separately for each author and should contain in 3 languages (Ukrainian, Russian and English in author’s transcription) following information:
- Surname, first name, second name.
- Place of work: Organization, department (faculty, chair, division etc).
- Full postal address for correspondence (in the case of few authors special specify address of the author who will correspond with editors): home number, street, postal index, town, country.
- E-mail address.
- Phones and fax numbers with the indication of the country and city codes.
- Position held.
- Scientific, academic and honorable titles.
- Scientific interests.
- Date of birth.
Author’s data should be signed by the author.
Expert Evaluation and Review
All incoming materials and articles are reviewed by experts in the relevant field of knowledge with a view to Expert Evaluation to confirm the accuracy, reliability, objectivity and novelty. All reviewers are recognized as experts in their field and have publications on subject of peer-reviewed materials during the last 3 years. The editorial department sends copies of reviews or a reasoned refusal of publishing the submitted materials to the authors. Amendments of the text on the essential issues can be inserted only by the authors with authentication of the corrected text. Insignificant editorial amendments can be inserted by the editorial board to correct grammatical and lexical errors or to improve the perception of the text. Authors can recommend the experts for reviewing materials. At the same time the editorial board reserves the right to accept or reject the recommendations. Correspondence of the editorial board with a group of authors is usually carried on with the first author on the list, unless otherwise defined. The reviews are stored in the editorial department for 5 years. For the authors from the Russian Federation, the editors send copies of reviews to the Ministry of Education if there is a respective request.
Each group of authors receives 1 copy of the journal with their paper or report free of charge.
The Editorial Board reserves the right to introduce changes into the forecited regulations for preparation of manuscripts.